GAAVS – Georgian Association of Angiologists and Vascular Surgeons.
The Georgian Association of Angiologists and Vascular Surgeons was founded in 1998 and united all the specialists working in this field in our country.
The association’s first president in 1998-2001 was Professor Giorgi Natsvlishvili.
In the following years, the presidents of the association were:
- 2001-2006 – Professor Konstantine Kipiani
- 2006-2007 – Professor Giorgi Abzianidze
- 2007-2011 – Professor Nugzar Parghalava
- 2011-2015 – Professor Mamuka Bokuchava
- 2015 – 2021 – Professor Zaza Lazarishvili
- Since 2021 – till now – the president of the association is Tamar Abzianidze